Glacier Express 1st class seat reservations

• Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    5 July 2021 at 22:18:04 #825911

My wife and I just purchased our Swiss Rail Pass on SBB for travel in September / October, 2021. I went to make my Reservation for the Clacier Express on October 2nd from Zermatt to St. Moritz.. We have 1st Class Swiss Passes so I selected 1st Class reservation and went through the forms very easily and when done, it shows 2nd class reservation and does not ask what time we choce to travel. Our preference is 8:52AM. The reservation is also on “Happy Rails”. Is that right? Does that mean they are out of 1st Class seats? I read your Glacier Express site and I believe I did everything right. I am hoping to get my several reservations done and this is my first one and want to do it correctly! Please advise!

Joejax

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    6 July 2021 at 2:50:56 #935595

We have since discovered the site did ask us what time we chose to depart Zermatt. We are still confused about putting us in 2nd class?

Joejax

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 July 2021 at 15:17:24 #935596

Hi Joejax! So you were trying to make 1st class seat reservations on HappyRail? We just tried and didn’t experience any issues with a 2nd class confirmation, but that doesn’t solve your problem of course. I suggest that you contact HappyRail to ask for assistance. Please refer to “Helpdesk” at http://www.myswissalps.com/aboutus/partners/happyrail. If you have a reference number, please provide that when contacting them. I hope they’ll be able to figure this out! If not, please let us know.

• The thread ‘Glacier Express 1st class seat reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.