Glacier Express 1st class w/Swiss Travel Pass 2nd?

• Vippy
    Participant
    2 posts
    4 May 2023 at 3:41:35 #829759

Hi , this is my 1st trip to Switzerland so many confuse πŸ™‚

My info:

– I have Swiss travel pass 2nd class

– I reserved a seat on glacier express 1st class (due to 2nd class is fully book)

– I known that I don’t have to buy a ticket if my seat in 2nd class

Question :

– do I have to buy a ticket ? If yes where? (Online or at the station)

– I explore buying a ticket online there are no reduction for swiss pass (just only half fare travelcard)

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2333 posts
    4 May 2023 at 5:46:06 #954067

Hello Vippy,

Welcome to MySwissAlps. Great to hear you will be visiting for the first time and also traveling on the Glacier Express!

That’s good you have the Swiss Travel Pass for your trip. It’s so convenient.

Very good too, that you have secured a reservation for the Glacier Express.

As you have your Swiss Travel Pass. You don’t need to buy a ticket, you will need to purchase the upgrade from 2nd to 1st class for this ride: see β€œTraveling 1st class with a 2nd class pass or ticket” at https://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/2nd1stclass

Just make sure you purchase your upgrade before you board your train. You can do this online via SBB, at any train station or ticket machine when in Switzerland.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Vippy
    Participant
    2 posts
    4 May 2023 at 12:02:13 #954068

Thank you very much

• The thread β€˜Glacier Express 1st class w/Swiss Travel Pass 2nd?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, β€œSwitzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.