Glacier Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2013 at 0:48:13 #806142

Hi,

I am planning to buy a Eurail Pass for 6 days and planning to go on Glacier Express Scenic Train. My question is: Do I need to buy a separate ticket for Glacier Express? Isn’t it included in the Eurail Pass? Glacier Express travel date is 13 October, 2013. Appreciate if you can answer my dilema.

Regards,
    Monina

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    19 August 2013 at 3:53:47 #839155

Hi Monina,

The Glacier Express route is partly covered for free, and partly discounted. You can download the map from any of the Eurail pass pages to see the details.

I can provide more details if you let me know your country of residence and the exact trip you intend to make (which town to which town?)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2013 at 4:32:08 #839156

I am a resident of Dubai. I want to do St. Moritz to Zermatt on 13th of October.

Arno
    15479 posts
    19 August 2013 at 5:05:59 #839157

Hi Monina,

Thanks for the information. With a Eurail Pass, the leg St. Moritz to Disentis is free. The leg Disentis to Zermatt is discounted. You need a seat reservation for the whole trip.

You can get your pass here, and the seat reservation from the same website here. You can use these promo codes for a discount (until August 28). Additionally you would need a discounted ticket from Disentis to Zermatt. You can get that at the rail station in St. Moritz. Just show your pass and reservation, and they can issue you the additional ticket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2013 at 5:59:41 #839158

Hi Arno,

Thank you for sending me the necessary link. This will make my booking easier!

• The thread ‘Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.