Glacier Express, Excellence Class tickets

• TonyS
    Participant
    5 posts
    27 July 2021 at 22:04:31 #825975

Hello,

First, thank you so much for such a wonderful website! Also, l apologize if this has been answered before, but I have searched and didn’t find any similar postings. So here is my question…

My wife and I will be taking the Glacier Express, Excellence class, from St. Moritz to Zermatt on October. (Crossing fingers COVID does not close it again as we had to postpone from last year). I already paid the reservation so that part is covered. Everything I’ve read indicates that the only thing I need to buy now is a first-class ticket or a first-class travel pass. I looked at the Swiss Travel Pass, and the Swiss Travel Pass Flex, and even with the 25% off it is still cheaper to do the Swiss half fare card as we will only be traveling on 3 days.

So as long as I buy the tickets 60 days in advance, all I need to do is buy a first-class saver day pass for CHF 49 each and it should cover it. Any problems with this scenario?

And if not, why would the Glacier Express site charge CHF 268 for the same trip? Am I missing something here? The difference in pricing is making me question my logic…

Antonio

• The thread ‘Glacier Express, Excellence Class tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.