Glacier Express reservation

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
amarmistry
amarmistry
14 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 3:37 PM

I am trying to book reservation on Glacier Express for July 08 or Jul 09 from Chur to Zermatt and it shows its not available. Is the reservation not open yet or it actually got fully booked? I get the following two messages on the page:"

1. "There are not enough seats available. Please select another connection."

2 "For your travel date you can currently only book the reservation. The tickets can unfortunately only be bought 2 months in advance." I do not even know what this means. I am using shop.glacierexpress.ch /.

Looks like I might just need to do part of Glacier Express and not the whole route since my base will be in Interlaken and I do not want to pack and unpack to stay one night in Zematt. any recommendation on which one of the following two will be a better option?

a. Brig to Zermatt

b. Chur to Andermatt

c. Any other section

I am also planning on doing Gotthard Panorama Express. I haven't tried reservation yet.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 24, 2018 - 6:11 PM in reply to amarmistry

Hi amarmistry,

1. I tried as well, but I didn't get this message.
  2. I do get this message. It simply means that you can reserve your seat (which is compulsory), but the tickets can only be purchased 2 months before your travel date. If you're traveling with a Swiss rail pass, you don't need tickets.
  3. Read here: www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress how you should plan your trip from Interlaken.
amarmistry
amarmistry
14 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 7:07 PM

Thank you Chantal.

So I can just reserve seats but not necessarily have to 'buy' it because I will have Swiss Travel Pass?

If so, where do I indicate I have STP so they don't charge me? I retried and I have attached the screenshot of the message I get.

Amar

Last modified on Apr 24, 2018 - 7:13 PM by amarmistry
Please login to see the attached documents
Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 24, 2018 - 7:24 PM in reply to amarmistry

Hi Amar,

The price shown, is only for the reservation. It looks like it's sold out for your preferred time. You'll have to select a different departure time.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018