Glacier Express reservation with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 2:11:38 #815817

Hello,

I have purchased Swiss Travel Pass for our June travel for 8 consective days for 2 adults, 1 child aged 14 yrs . I am trying to reserve 3 seats in Glacier Express ( Brig to Chur) . In the ‘Reduction’ selection, I see these options : ‘Family Card STS’ and ‘Swiss Travel Pass -(-Flex,-Youth,-Youth Flex). I am getting confused as to which one of these do I need to select for the three of us , to reserve the seats. Can someone help me out ? Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 May 2018 at 4:30:40 #884566

If you nominate Family Card for the child and Swiss Travel Pass for the adults you will just pay the reservations fee. You can achieve the same result by saying you all already have a ticket and so buy reservations only.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 6:01:04 #884567

I am (was) a computer analyst for many years yet the on line reservation system is one of the most baffling, user antagonistic I have ever experienced. I have spent hours trying to make a reservation on the Panorama Xpress. When talking to a Swiss RR agent they admitted “Our web page has issues”.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 May 2018 at 6:32:19 #884568

Hello ChiefMan2000 and welcome to MySwissAlps,

The Gotthard Panorama Express (if that is what you are talking about when you use the term Panorama Xpress) defeats most people. See http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/impossible-to-book-gotthard-panoramic-express#hBD_k6DW9mqS6v 8AAFcRTQ. I think a computer analyst would be particularly challenged as they would expect some form of logic.

You can make reservation at bit.ly/2HHB2Ev by entering the route Flüelen to Lugano or the other direction and via Göschenen and putting in the precise departure time. The train you want is denoted EXT. There is only one departure per day in each direction and it doesn;t run on Mondays. You can’t reserve the boat leg.

If that’s all too hard just make reservations via HappyRails.

If you want to continue a discussion on the Gotthard Panorama Express it would be wise to start a new thread.

If you aren’t referring to the Gotthard Panorama Express kindly ignore the foregoing ramblings.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 0:08:10 #884569

Thanks Rockoyster for your response! So,if I have understood correctly , I need to select “Family Card STS” in the reduction for my 14 year old and “Swiss Travel Pass -(-Flex,-Youth,-Youth Flex)” for us.

But ours is not a flex pass, it is the 8 day consecutive pass. This particular selection ie Swiss Travel Pass mentions “Flex,-Youth,-Youth Flex”. Can you please clarify? Also, I am trying to book the seat reservation from the website : http://www.glacierexpress.ch

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 May 2018 at 0:22:56 #884570

The Swiss Travel Pass comes in a variety of flavours. They all work exactly the same. Just ignore the part in brackets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 0:35:12 #884571

Thanks again Rockoyster! I shall go ahead and reserve the seats.

• The thread ‘Glacier Express reservation with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.