Glacier express reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2015 at 19:02:25 #807398

i am having trouble finding the site to make my seat reservatioins-all I see are times and prices even though I said I have a swiss pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 June 2015 at 5:29:39 #843807

Hi j2118b,

We’ve given you the links in your previous topic, and again yesterday. Are you booking through these links or another website? Please provide a few more details (which website, travel date, travel time, from where to where) and I’ll be glad to help you out.

By the way, you will see prices in any case. Seat reservations always need to be paid for, regardless of which pass you own. But you don’t need a ticket as a Swiss Travel Pass holder.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2015 at 20:47:31 #843808

now that I know I have to pay for the seats-do you have a choice as to where you sit if you are buying comfort class seats-premier does not seem to be a possibility-I completed the form up to paying and nowhere did I see seat choice-I am using the site you said to use

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 June 2015 at 8:43:30 #843809

Hi j2118b,

Unfortunately there’s no way to pick specific seats. For some trains, like the Golden Pass trains, it’s possible, but I have not seen this yet for the Glacier Express. The train windows are very large though, so the view should be good in any case. Booking early helps, as that increases the chance that seats near the windows are still available.

• The thread ‘Glacier express reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.