Glacier Express: Saver Day Pass and timing

• Meemskirk
    Participant
    84 posts
    22 April 2019 at 12:14:21 #821146

Hello! Thanks again for all the great info here.

I plan to take the Glacier Express from St. Moritz to Zermatt on 5 September. I believe the best value for me would be a half fare card plus a saver day pass. However, the Glacier Express goes on sale 3 months out while the Saver Day Pass is 2 months out.

Am I correct that I could reserve a SEAT three months out (no discount); then buy the Saver Day Pass 2 months out and I will be set?

And if I wanted to upgrade to first class, when/how would I do that in this scenario?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 April 2019 at 14:53:00 #910105

Hi Meemskirk,

Yes, your understanding is correct. It doesn’t matter which product you buy first (the seat reservation or the ticket covering the journey), as long as you have both at the time of traveling.

If you want to enjoy the Glacier Express in 1st class, it’s easiest to reserve 1st class seats and buy a 1st class Saver Day Pass. That’s less complex than arranging for upgrade tickets afterwards.

Please refer to

• The thread ‘Glacier Express: Saver Day Pass and timing’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.