Book Glacier Express seat after Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2019 at 8:16:19 #822874

Hi,

I’m planning to travel on Glacier express from Zermatt-Chur on 23Aug19. I have following queries-

1. Someone told me that the route from Chur-Zermatt is nicer than the other way around (Zermatt-Chur) is it true?

2.Is there any way to check to seat availability before I actually do the booking? Can anyone walk me through step by step process of seat reservation?

3.Do I have to buy Swiss travel pass before the seat reservation on glacier express? If I buy Swiss travel pass, how do i apply it while booking seats?

4.Do I have to buy swiss travelpass through glacier express website? I’m getting a cheaper deal from klook.com is that ok?

Thanks in advance

Priyanka

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 July 2019 at 9:54:12 #917908

Hello Priyanka and welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. The route and therefore the scenery is exactly the same no matter which direction you travel.

2. Yes. Go to shop.glacierexpress.ch /gex_en/specials/daytr ips/glacier-express. It’s the only place you actually get to pick seats.

3. No you don’t need to have the STP to book seats, you just tell them you intend to have an STP hen you travel, during the reservation process.

4. Buy the STP at any retailer listed at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Have a nice trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2019 at 10:59:19 #917909

Thank you so much for quick reply… This information will certainly help me

• The thread ‘Book Glacier Express seat after Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.