Glacier Express – how to read the seating chart?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2018 at 21:05:30 #814645

Hi, very soon I’ll be able to book my seat reservations for the Glacier Express and I am not sure how to read the seating chart. Please see attached screenshot.

Specifically: are we to assume that the direction of travel will be to the right? Starting from St. Moritz, would it be advisable to sit on the left or right side of the train (facing direction of travel)? Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 March 2018 at 21:16:54 #877908

Hello OCBruin,

The best side of the train changes in different sections of the route. You’ll be best on the opposite sides described at http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/gettingth ere as you are travelling in the opposite direction.

But, you can’t deduce the direction of travel from the seating plan I’m afraid.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2018 at 21:20:26 #877909

Cool, thanks! So basically, it’s a crapshoot 🙂

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 March 2018 at 21:36:01 #877910

I’m not familiar with the odds for that particular pastime. A coin toss would be my metaphor of choice given the train only has two sides. 😎

• The thread ‘Glacier Express – how to read the seating chart?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.