Glacier Express seat reservation with Happy Rail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2020 at 16:32:16 #825428

Hello All, I purchased a Swiss Travel Pass for my week in June. I bought 2 reservation seats for the Glacier Express through Happy Rail. I emailed them about next steps for me booking my seats and was told they took my request and will try to accommodate my request for 1×1 seats in 1st class. Wondering if anyone knows if Happy Rail will take care of my seating or will I have to log on somewhere and book my own seats with my Swiss Travel Pass.

Thank you!!

Hans S

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    7 March 2020 at 17:31:20 #931247

Hi Hans,

Don’t worry, Happy Rail will get back to you with a confirmation soon enough. Normally you can make seat reservations on the Glacier Express up to 3 months in advance. Since you are travelling in June, what Happy Rail does now is pre-book the seat for you and once they have a seat secured they will email you a confirmation. If you still have concerns, you should write to them and ask for a clarification.

http://www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress/tickets

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2020 at 18:46:03 #931248

Thank You Anna! I am just confused if Happy Rail picks my seats or if I have to pick them off another webiste. They did write me back saying they would take care of it so hopefully all goes well. I just want to try and make sure I get the single side seats. 🙂

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 March 2020 at 8:44:08 #931249

Hello Hans,

Happyrail will book the desired seat, if available. There’s nothing else you need to do, except perhaps double check the reservation once received.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2020 at 21:23:33 #931250

Thank you!!!

• The thread ‘Glacier Express seat reservation with Happy Rail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.