Glacier Express Ticket reservation for children

Glacier Express Ticket reservation for children

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
samaje76
samaje76
12 posts
Mar 25, 2017 - 3:03 PM

Dears,

I have brought Swiss Travel Pass for 2 Adults and 2 Children. Here Swiss Travel pass only for 2 adults and children travel free with us. Now I want to book Glacier express and they are asking number travelers, there is no option for children.

They are charging 13*4 = 52 CHF. For me it should be 13*2 = 26 CHF, children should be free with their parents. Or they are charging children also for reservation.

I need your opinion on this.

Arno
Arno
10572 posts
expert &
Mar 25, 2017 - 3:19 PM

Hi Samaje76,

The children need seat reservations of their own, and reservations are not included in any of the passes. The price is indeed CHF 13 per person if you are traveling before May 12 or CHF 33 if you're traveling after May 12.

Enjoy the trip!

Last modified on Mar 25, 2017 - 3:20 PM by Arno
samaje76
samaje76
12 posts
Mar 25, 2017 - 3:34 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno,

My doubt is clear now. As mentioned in the reservation, No charge for reservation children below 6 years. Am I correct?

Arno
Arno
10572 posts
expert &
Mar 25, 2017 - 4:18 PM in reply to samaje76

That's correct, but only if they don't require a seat. I would recommend to book a reservation for all children regardless of age, unless you don't mind them sitting on your lap for 8 hours. That would be too long for me :-)

samaje76
samaje76
12 posts
Mar 25, 2017 - 7:58 PM

Thanks Arno.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018