Glacier Express vs. Bernina Express? Preferences?

• shuchirumit
    Participant
    25 posts
    3 January 2018 at 16:28:18 #813923

Hi,

My family with 2 adults and 2 kids are travelling to Switzerland in May 2018. Could you please guide me which train journey should be preffered between Glacier express & Bernina express? Also, how many days do we have to spare for the journey?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 January 2018 at 21:43:59 #873495

Hello shuchirumit and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Which is better of those two journeys is very subjective. For me it was the Bernina Express but it very much depends on how that fits in with your overall itinerary. Where do you arrive/depart Switzerland and what else do you plan to see?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2018 at 4:07:28 #873496

>> Could you please guide me which train journey should be preffered between Glacier express & Bernina express? Also, how many days do we have to spare for the journey?

As rockoyster mentioned, you need to consider how each trip fits into your itinerary. Both trips are beautiful, but different. The following map of scenic routes in Switzerland might help with your planning:

http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam /sbb/de/pdf/bahnhof-services/am-bahnhof/infra_services -uebersicht-karten-uebersicht-sts-panorama-de.pdf

The Wilhelm Tell Express is now called the Gotthard Panorama Express.

Travel times (one way) for the trips you are considering are as follows:

You can plan your trips using the Swiss Timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

shuchirumit
    Participant
    25 posts
    5 January 2018 at 3:07:27 #873497

Thanks a lot for your valueable inputs. We yet to plan our itinerary. We will keep in mind inputs given by you all. Thanks once again

• The thread ‘Glacier Express vs. Bernina Express? Preferences?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.