Glacier Express vs. Bernina Express? Preferences?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
shuchirumit
shuchirumit
25 posts
Jan 3, 2018 - 4:28 PM

Hi,

My family with 2 adults and 2 kids are travelling to Switzerland in May 2018. Could you please guide me which train journey should be preffered between Glacier express & Bernina express? Also, how many days do we have to spare for the journey?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Jan 3, 2018 - 9:43 PM in reply to shuchirumit

Hello shuchirumit and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Which is better of those two journeys is very subjective. For me it was the Bernina Express but it very much depends on how that fits in with your overall itinerary. Where do you arrive/depart Switzerland and what else do you plan to see?

Last modified on Jan 3, 2018 - 9:44 PM by rockoyster
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jan 4, 2018 - 4:07 AM in reply to shuchirumit

>> Could you please guide me which train journey should be preffered between Glacier express & Bernina express? Also, how many days do we have to spare for the journey?

As rockoyster mentioned, you need to consider how each trip fits into your itinerary. Both trips are beautiful, but different. The following map of scenic routes in Switzerland might help with your planning:

www.sbb.ch/content/dam /sbb/de/pdf/bahnhof-services/am-bahnhof/infra_services -uebersicht-karten-uebersicht-sts-panorama-de.pdf

The Wilhelm Tell Express is now called the Gotthard Panorama Express.

Travel times (one way) for the trips you are considering are as follows:

You can plan your trips using the Swiss Timetable:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jan 4, 2018 - 10:33 AM by Lucas
shuchirumit
shuchirumit
25 posts
Jan 5, 2018 - 3:07 AM

Thanks a lot for your valueable inputs. We yet to plan our itinerary. We will keep in mind inputs given by you all. Thanks once again

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018