Orientation of Glacier Express seat reservations?

• Hedvig
    Participant
    45 posts
    8 February 2019 at 22:39:58 #819838

I am about to make my seat reservations for the Glacier Express. Is it better to take the two seats across from one another or the two seats on the side where there are four seats going from Zermatt to Chur.

I will have a swill travel pass so will I still have to make reservations for the train itself?

Thank you,

Fabia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2019 at 0:18:53 #903820

Hi Fabia

You get pretty good views from both sides of the Glacier Express even from the aisles so if you can get window seats that’s a bonus. After that I guess it’s the orientation you prefer, some people like travelling facing forward, I personally like to sit and chat facing my friends, so I guess that’s down to your personal preference!

Regarding seat reservations and how it works with the Swiss Travel Pass, please have a look at these links where you can find all the details: http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/tickets and http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse.

Maria.

Hedvig
    Participant
    45 posts
    9 February 2019 at 1:23:30 #903821

Thank you Maria. That is very helpful information.

• The thread ‘Orientation of Glacier Express seat reservations?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.