Glacier other than Aletsch in Switzerland in May

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dsa88
dsa88
12 posts
Feb 12, 2018 - 4:30 PM

I'm going to Switzerland in late May and will be based in Interlaken. I wanted to see the Aletsch glacier from Eggishorn but unfortunately the cable cars will be closed in those dates and the trails are snowed in. I know I can see it from Jungfraujoch but I was wondering if there are any other impressive glaciers that I can visit in those dates? I don't mind hiking 10-15 KM.

Thank you.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 12, 2018 - 5:42 PM in reply to dsa88

Hi dsa88,

What about Glacier3000? Lucas just wrote a trip report about it which you can read here. You may also be interested to read this thread: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/how-to-travel-to-glacier-3000-from-interlaken.

dsa88
dsa88
12 posts
Feb 12, 2018 - 10:46 PM in reply to Chantal

That looks great, thank you!

I was also considering doing a hike to the Trift bridge to look at the Triftsee and Triftgletscher. Do you think this is doable in late May? The trail has a maximum altitude of 1738 meters.

goo.gl/maps/eUrX9kTA45 D2

Last modified on Feb 12, 2018 - 10:47 PM by dsa88
Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 13, 2018 - 9:00 AM in reply to dsa88

What I can see from their website is that they open on May 31st.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019