Going from Konstanz Germany to Wengen, Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Tree
Tree
4 posts
May 7, 2018 - 12:52 AM

Hi Folks, I will be departing from Konstanz, Germany and will be going to Wengen and then back to Zurich within 4 days (I know maybe not the best order here but it is what it is) Anyway...if I get the Swiss Railway pass is there a city I can take the train to from Konstanz just into Switzerland hopefully across the border that would be inexpensive to travel to and then I can use the Swiss travel pass the rest of the way? Assuming the 4 day travel pass would be the cheapest way to do this for a family of 2 adults and 2 young children but maybe not. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 7, 2018 - 6:10 AM in reply to Tree

Hi Tree, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Probably the cheapest option is to travel via Weinfelden. A ticket from Konstanz to Weinfelden is around 12 CHF. Use the Swiss railways timetable to look at more details and other options: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Use our web page on how to choose the best rail pass to help you find out for sure if the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass is your best option. If you do a lot of traveling and activities in Switzerland, I would say it is.

AlanPrice
AlanPrice
204 posts
May 7, 2018 - 10:33 PM

Hi Tree,

Because Konstanz is on the Swiss border, the railway station is divided into German and Swiss sides. Before 2008 there was a fence dividing the 2 sections as well as a customs post. I think it would be possible to use your pass from Konstanz, but you would have to ask at the station. If it's not possible, buy a ticket to Kreuzlingen, which is a few hundred metres away on the swiss side and start using your pass from there. The trip takes about 7 minutes.

Have Fun!

Alan

Tree
Tree
4 posts
May 9, 2018 - 5:53 PM in reply to Chantal

Thanks!

Tree
Tree
4 posts
May 9, 2018 - 5:54 PM in reply to Chantal

Thanks!

Tree
Tree
4 posts
May 9, 2018 - 5:54 PM in reply to AlanPrice

Thanks!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019