Going from Konstanz Germany to Wengen, Switzerland

• Tree
    Participant
    6 posts
    7 May 2018 at 0:52:04 #815791

Hi Folks, I will be departing from Konstanz, Germany and will be going to Wengen and then back to Zurich within 4 days (I know maybe not the best order here but it is what it is) Anyway…if I get the Swiss Railway pass is there a city I can take the train to from Konstanz just into Switzerland hopefully across the border that would be inexpensive to travel to and then I can use the Swiss travel pass the rest of the way? Assuming the 4 day travel pass would be the cheapest way to do this for a family of 2 adults and 2 young children but maybe not. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 6:10:27 #884490

Hi Tree, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Probably the cheapest option is to travel via Weinfelden. A ticket from Konstanz to Weinfelden is around 12 CHF. Use the Swiss railways timetable to look at more details and other options: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Use our web page on how to choose the best rail pass to help you find out for sure if the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass is your best option. If you do a lot of traveling and activities in Switzerland, I would say it is.

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    7 May 2018 at 22:33:10 #884491

Hi Tree,

Because Konstanz is on the Swiss border, the railway station is divided into German and Swiss sides. Before 2008 there was a fence dividing the 2 sections as well as a customs post. I think it would be possible to use your pass from Konstanz, but you would have to ask at the station. If it’s not possible, buy a ticket to Kreuzlingen, which is a few hundred metres away on the swiss side and start using your pass from there. The trip takes about 7 minutes.

Have Fun!

Alan

Tree
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 May 2018 at 17:53:56 #884492

Thanks!

Tree
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 May 2018 at 17:54:12 #884493

Thanks!

Tree
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 May 2018 at 17:54:28 #884494

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Going from Konstanz Germany to Wengen, Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.