Going from Konstanz Germany to Wengen, Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Tree
Tree
4 posts
May 7, 2018 - 12:52 AM

Hi Folks, I will be departing from Konstanz, Germany and will be going to Wengen and then back to Zurich within 4 days (I know maybe not the best order here but it is what it is) Anyway...if I get the Swiss Railway pass is there a city I can take the train to from Konstanz just into Switzerland hopefully across the border that would be inexpensive to travel to and then I can use the Swiss travel pass the rest of the way? Assuming the 4 day travel pass would be the cheapest way to do this for a family of 2 adults and 2 young children but maybe not. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 7, 2018 - 6:10 AM in reply to Tree

Hi Tree, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Probably the cheapest option is to travel via Weinfelden. A ticket from Konstanz to Weinfelden is around 12 CHF. Use the Swiss railways timetable to look at more details and other options: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Use our web page on how to choose the best rail pass to help you find out for sure if the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass is your best option. If you do a lot of traveling and activities in Switzerland, I would say it is.

AlanPrice
AlanPrice
201 posts
May 7, 2018 - 10:33 PM

Hi Tree,

Because Konstanz is on the Swiss border, the railway station is divided into German and Swiss sides. Before 2008 there was a fence dividing the 2 sections as well as a customs post. I think it would be possible to use your pass from Konstanz, but you would have to ask at the station. If it's not possible, buy a ticket to Kreuzlingen, which is a few hundred metres away on the swiss side and start using your pass from there. The trip takes about 7 minutes.

Have Fun!

Alan

Tree
Tree
4 posts
May 9, 2018 - 5:53 PM in reply to Chantal

Thanks!

Tree
Tree
4 posts
May 9, 2018 - 5:54 PM in reply to Chantal

Thanks!

Tree
Tree
4 posts
May 9, 2018 - 5:54 PM in reply to AlanPrice

Thanks!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018