Travel Golden Pass route from Thun to Les Avants

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 8:37:21 #815765

Hello all,

We want to travel from Thun (our base stay) to Les Avants, our next base stay, by Golden panoramic train train. So, pl guide me from where I can board and where I can de board. I am not able the understand the stations from websites. Also, we are travelling with our luggage, so is it possible to carry these luggages in the golden panoramic train? We are taking Swiss pass, so from my understanding it comes under Swiss pass. But what about seat reservation? Is it extra chargeable?

Thanks

Binu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 May 2018 at 10:17:30 #884381

Hello Binu,

Use the SBB Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel.

Enter Thun to Les Avant via Zweissimen to follow the Golden Pass Line (http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass).

When are you travelling? Reservations are not possible before 2 June due to construction on the Golden Pass Line and a short bus detour.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 11:02:01 #884382

Hello Rock oyster,

I don’t know why, but I am unable to find golden panoramic train in sbb website. Is there any keyword I should use ? We are travelling on the 15th of June.

Thanks

Binu

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 May 2018 at 11:13:30 #884383

The Golden Pass trains between Zweisimmen and Montreux appear as MOB …… in the timetable. Other trains are just regular trains covering the same route.

See also http://www.mob.ch/en/reservat ion-procedure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 11:30:26 #884384

Thank you very much, this is helpful

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 11:35:36 #884385

I am feeding journey from Montreux to Interlaken by Golden Pass route on Swiss timetable. But it is only showing the route via Visp and Spiez. I want to travel from Montreux to Interlaken on 12 th morning by Golden Pass line. Please advis how to do it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 13:19:58 #884386

Hi malraj,

You need to enter VIA Zweisimmen to get the correct routing.

• The thread ‘Travel Golden Pass route from Thun to Les Avants’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.