Travel Golden Pass route from Thun to Les Avants

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
BinuMenon
BinuMenon
22 posts
May 6, 2018 - 8:37 AM

Hello all,

We want to travel from Thun (our base stay) to Les Avants, our next base stay, by Golden panoramic train train. So, pl guide me from where I can board and where I can de board. I am not able the understand the stations from websites. Also, we are travelling with our luggage, so is it possible to carry these luggages in the golden panoramic train? We are taking Swiss pass, so from my understanding it comes under Swiss pass. But what about seat reservation? Is it extra chargeable?

Thanks

Binu

rockoyster
rockoyster
3339 posts
expert
May 6, 2018 - 10:17 AM in reply to BinuMenon

Hello Binu,

Use the SBB Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel.

Enter Thun to Les Avant via Zweissimen to follow the Golden Pass Line (www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass).

When are you travelling? Reservations are not possible before 2 June due to construction on the Golden Pass Line and a short bus detour.

BinuMenon
BinuMenon
22 posts
May 6, 2018 - 11:02 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hello Rock oyster,

I don't know why, but I am unable to find golden panoramic train in sbb website. Is there any keyword I should use ? We are travelling on the 15th of June.

Thanks

Binu

rockoyster
rockoyster
3339 posts
expert
May 6, 2018 - 11:13 AM in reply to BinuMenon

The Golden Pass trains between Zweisimmen and Montreux appear as MOB ...... in the timetable. Other trains are just regular trains covering the same route.

See also www.mob.ch/en/reservat ion-procedure.

Last modified on May 6, 2018 - 11:16 AM by rockoyster
BinuMenon
BinuMenon
22 posts
May 6, 2018 - 11:30 AM

Thank you very much, this is helpful

malraj
malraj
24 posts
May 6, 2018 - 11:35 AM in reply to rockoyster

I am feeding journey from Montreux to Interlaken by Golden Pass route on Swiss timetable. But it is only showing the route via Visp and Spiez. I want to travel from Montreux to Interlaken on 12 th morning by Golden Pass line. Please advis how to do it.

Lucas
Lucas
5491 posts
expert &
May 6, 2018 - 1:19 PM in reply to malraj

Hi malraj,

You need to enter VIA Zweisimmen to get the correct routing.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018