Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Golden Pass at 08:44 invisible to reserve a seat

Golden Pass at 08:44 invisible to reserve a seat

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
GoNico
GoNico
3 posts
Jun 26, 2019 - 2:22 AM

Hi - I promise I've read the forum FAQ and all the pages on the so-called Golden Pass trains/routes -- here and elsewhere. While I know reservations are possible but not necessary for these trains -- I would like to book a reservation for one of the two daily Belle Epoque trains from Montreux-Zweisimmen. On the MOB site, the static schedule shows trains leaving Lausanne and arriving in Lucerne. It shows the Belle Epoque trains leaving from Montreux only at 08:44 and 13:44. BUT when I go to their linked page to make a reservation, the earliest time available is the 09:44 out of Montreux. Any ideas what's going on? Is the static schedule out of date?

Thank you for a great site and resource.

Nico

Spshah 8863
Spshah 8863
10 posts
Jun 26, 2019 - 2:25 AM

-

Last modified on Jun 26, 2019 - 2:26 AM by Spshah 8863
GoNico
GoNico
3 posts
Jun 26, 2019 - 3:13 AM

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that I did find the 08:44 train on the SBB site. However, this problem/question remains -- probably an easy one and I hope not clearly answered elsewhere:

- The train is clearly marked Reservations Required. But there seems only to be an option of purchasing tickets. I've gone most of the way through the process -- up until you must put in a credit card -- and see no other option. I have a Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days and so won't need to purchase a ticket, just a seat reservation. This was possible for the Glacier Express; I was able to purchase it through the site of the individual train company rather than SBB itself.

Arno
Arno
14343 posts
expert &
Jun 26, 2019 - 7:09 AM

Hi Nico,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Thanks for your compliments :-) What's your travel date?

Last modified on Jun 26, 2019 - 7:09 AM by Arno
GoNico
GoNico
3 posts
Jun 26, 2019 - 4:00 PM in reply to Arno

Hello Arno!

My mom and I are traveling in Switzerland from July 19th - 23rd (not very long!) -- we're coming from France and heading to Germany. I'm looking at the Belle Epoque trains on the 20th.

Arno
Arno
14343 posts
expert &
Jun 27, 2019 - 6:30 AM

Hi Nico,

I'm not sure if it was different yesterday, but I just tried and the train shows up (see the attachment). Only a few seats are left. That doesn't mean it's actually full, but the seats they allow reservation for are nearly all taken. The link on www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets under "More information" get you to their reservations system.

Please login to see the attached documents

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020