Golden Pass and Swiss Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
judyyong
judyyong
2 posts
Sep 26, 2011 - 9:30 AM
Dear Moderator
I plan to travel to Switzerland Oct 16 thru 25 and have been on your site reading. I like to say Thank you so much - the forum is indeed informative, plenty of planning tips and also there was displayed patience by the moderators.
Can u help with these questions please?

I have bought an 8 day Swiss Pass (2nd Class). Plan to take the Golden Pass Line from Montrex via Zweismenn- Interlaken (as you have recommended to another traveller a few days ago).

The route has the golden pass route Questions:
1. do I need to purchase a new separate ticket on the Golden Pass Train or just use my Swiss Pass
2. I will reserve seat thru payment of the fees - but can I book and pay seats on lst class given that I hold a 2nd class Swiss Pass?

Thank you so much.
judy
Arno
Arno
14100 posts
expert &
Sep 26, 2011 - 2:29 PM
Hi Judy,

I'm glad our site has been helpful to you! As for your questions:

1. No, you don't need a ticket. Your Swiss Pass covers the trip.
2. If you want to travel in 1st class with a 2nd class pass, you need to buy an upgrade ticket to pay for the price difference. Any manned rail station (e.g. Montreux) can sell you that. You also need a seat reservation. You can book that for 1st class; just be sure to get the upgrade ticket later.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019