Golden Pass availability on June 3, 2018

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 6:36:11 #816398

Hi,

I was planning on traveling from Geneva to Wengen today with my parents. As part of the journey we wanted to do the Golden Pass route. We have Swiss Rail Passes so were hoping to just hop on and hop off trains as needed. I then went to check seat availability on the mob.ch website and I when I try searching for seats between Montreux and Zweissimen nothing comes up but the message:

“Unfortunately, a reservation of space is not possible on this date / time.
    Please select another date or show the trains without reservation.”

Then when I click on “Trains without possibility of reservation” it shows me this:

“Unfortunately, a reservation of space is not possible on this date / time.
    Please select another date.”

I’m not seeing the train coach images with no seats available, just the above messages in red, what does this mean?

Does this mean that every single seat from Montreux to Zweissimen is somehow reserved today? Is that even possible in early June? Or is this an error on the website? In any case, what are our options now? We have to travel today as our hotels etc. are all booked. Any help is really appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 7:09:29 #887154

Hi aditya and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Just ignore the reservation system. Reservations in the direction Montreux-Zweisimmen are suspended until about 4 June. The trains are running, and you should have no problems getting a seat.

The following post might help you understand what’s going on.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/montreux-to-zweisimmen-on-june-2

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Golden Pass availability on June 3, 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.