Golden Pass bookings 6 weeks in advance?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2015 at 11:25:02 #807492

Hi, I would like to book Golden Pass train trip from Montreux to Interlaken (via Zweisimmen) on 12/8/15. The SBB Ticket Shop shows the route details and times but says it requires a valid date up to 30/7/15. Is that right, it can only be booked one month in advance?

Also, I have heard that the rail line will not be in operation from Zweisimmen to Interlaken on the 12/8 and buses will be used instead but no mention is made of this on any booking websites.

Any advice or information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Shezz

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    30 June 2015 at 15:13:46 #844127

Hello Shezz!

Please note that it’s not required to reserve seats for the Golden Pass. If you still want to do so, you can use the Golden Pass website to arrange for seats now. Please follow the link under “More on other websites” at our Golden Pass tickets page. The SBB website indeed doesn’t allow booking yet.

I can’t verify any construction works on August 12, either on the Golden Pass website or on the SBB website. You could ask the RailCenter Golden Pass to make sure though.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass bookings 6 weeks in advance?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.