Just hop on Golden Pass with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2019 at 2:25:28 #823860

Hello and thanks in advance!

I am planning a trip to Switzerland and for 5 of our 7 nights we will be staying in Interlaken.

I was wondering if it is possible to hop onto the Golden Pass Excursion from Interlaken to Montreux? Versus starting in Lucerne. We have Swiss Rail Passes too.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2019 at 5:12:38 #922224

Hi,

even we are planning travel on the panoramic train from Montreux to Interlaken and have the Swiss Travel Pass. We are unable to make reservations using this pass. So do we require to make seat reservations on the panoramic trains of Golden Pass line?

Annika
    7124 posts
    15 September 2019 at 9:55:39 #922225

Hello fsuar, and thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Seat reservations aren’t required for the Golden Pass trains. They’re only recommended for the segment Zweisimmen-Montreux in high season months. If you’ll be traveling somewhere within the next few months, I don’t expect the trains to be that crowded. Please refer to http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets for more information. The Swiss Travel Pass (assuming that’s what you mean with Swiss Rail Passes?) covers the ride: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

Annika
    7124 posts
    15 September 2019 at 9:57:56 #922226

Hi krishjag, and welcome to you too!

As explained above, seat reservations are not required. If you want, you can arrange for reservations Zweisimmen-Montreux (not Interlaken-Montreux) through http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/packages. If you don’t succeed, please let us know which retailer you’re trying with and what exactly goes wrong.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2019 at 17:17:54 #922227

So it would be okay to start the Golden Pass Excursion from Interlaken?

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 September 2019 at 17:52:34 #922228

Sure, no problem. It’s regular public transportation. You can board and get off trains wherever you like.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2019 at 3:02:22 #922229

Hey Annika,
    Many thanks. For your prompt response. The link you sent works. I will reserve seats from Montreux to Zweissmmen since I am with family. Appreciate the support. Cheers.

• The thread ‘Just hop on Golden Pass with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.