Golden Pass Interlaken to Montreux reconstructions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2018 at 5:06:22 #817260

Hope to get more information on the reconstruction schedule of this route. I am planning to make the trip coming August on the 8 day 2nd class rail pass. I am traveling with my wife and 2 grown up girls.

1. How is this route being affected by the reconstructions, is it still comfortable if we are travelling with loads of luggage?

2.Read something on pre booking of seats from Zweisimmen to Montreux, can we book it 1 or 2 day before the trip and what are the various convenient way to book the tickets.

3. Any other suggestions to make the trip fun

Thanks and regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 July 2018 at 10:57:09 #891340

Welcome to MySwissAlps Lyeesing!

1. There are no reconstructions on that route in August that I know of. Please fill out your trip in the timetable, and enter Zweisimmen as the via-station: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. If there are any abnormalities it will show that.

2. Booking seats for that section is option but not a bad idea in high season. Yes, you can book it at any staffed station or online. Booking later increases the chance of seats running out for your preferred train.

3. Please find more details here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2018 at 0:18:15 #891341

The construction work on the MOB line took place before the start of the main summer season, as is common on tourist-orientated railways.

Personally I wouldn’t stress about seat reservations.

I often travel in August and never make seats reservations, especially as you may end up disappointed if there are nicer looking seats and you are stuck with what you reserved!

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Interlaken to Montreux reconstructions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.