Golden Pass Interlaken to Montreux reconstructions

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Lyeesing
Lyeesing
1 post
Jul 14, 2018 - 5:06 AM

Hope to get more information on the reconstruction schedule of this route. I am planning to make the trip coming August on the 8 day 2nd class rail pass. I am traveling with my wife and 2 grown up girls.

1. How is this route being affected by the reconstructions, is it still comfortable if we are travelling with loads of luggage?

2.Read something on pre booking of seats from Zweisimmen to Montreux, can we book it 1 or 2 day before the trip and what are the various convenient way to book the tickets.

3. Any other suggestions to make the trip fun

Thanks and regards

Arno
Arno
11589 posts
expert &
Jul 14, 2018 - 10:57 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Lyeesing!

1. There are no reconstructions on that route in August that I know of. Please fill out your trip in the timetable, and enter Zweisimmen as the via-station: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. If there are any abnormalities it will show that.

2. Booking seats for that section is option but not a bad idea in high season. Yes, you can book it at any staffed station or online. Booking later increases the chance of seats running out for your preferred train.

3. Please find more details here:

Last modified on Nov 1, 2018 - 4:17 PM by Arno
1960man
1960man
760 posts
top member
Jul 15, 2018 - 12:18 AM in reply to Lyeesing

The construction work on the MOB line took place before the start of the main summer season, as is common on tourist-orientated railways.

Personally I wouldn't stress about seat reservations.

I often travel in August and never make seats reservations, especially as you may end up disappointed if there are nicer looking seats and you are stuck with what you reserved!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018