Golden Pass Lucerne to Montreux, to Zurich - 1 day

Golden Pass Lucerne to Montreux, to Zurich - 1 day

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
beenaeem
beenaeem
29 posts
Jan 23, 2017 - 1:19 PM

if we arrive at Lucerne around 11 am from Zurich and get a golden pass train from there and wanna come back by night back to Lucerne is it possible?

From where and when golden pass train departs from Lucerne? will the same train have a round trip so we just keep sitting there. how long will the journey be both ways total? will we be able to get back at night at base? will there be any train change.
If there is from where will it be easy to catch an interchange ?? we will not stop anywhere just wanna sit in train . cant understand the timetable of train .

Lucas
Lucas
5508 posts
expert &
Jan 23, 2017 - 6:23 PM in reply to beenaeem

Hi Beenaeem and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you can get to Luzern (local German spelling) before 11am and with enough time to catch the 11:05am train you will be in Montreux by 16:13 and have time to return to Zurich; however it would be by regional train at that point.

You will have 2 changes on the trip in the morning, Zweisimmen and Interlaken Ost. On the timetable (bottom of the page I linked) be sure to add Meiringen and Zweisimmen as a via station (after your initial search for Luzern to Montreux) and be sure to check the schedule for the panorama symbol to ensure you select the correct train.

On the return there are lots of options to get back to Zurich, with 1 change or 2 usually.

I hope that explains things ok! I know the Swiss train schedule can be daunting. Let me know if you have further questions.

Our page on the Golden Pass is worth a read as well - links can be found there on where to purchase tickets and the timetable.

I'll note that I did this trip from Zurich last year but skipped Luzern and Interlaken and caught the train at Zweisimmen...that could be an option too.

Lucas

Last modified on Jan 23, 2017 - 7:11 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018