Golden Pass route questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 5:59:35 #812229

Hi,

I am so confused with the goldenpass train.

Basically I want to take golden pass train from lucerne to Interlaken OST because from there I want to go to Wengen but want to ride on golden pass train. Is it call lucerne-interlaken express?

2nd, I want to take golden pass train from lucerne to engelberg because i want to go to mount titlis. so the train is call lucerne-engelberg express?

I will have STP. Do i have to pay any extras for these trains? What is the frequency, eg. every hour? I can just go to lucerne station and board the train?

Thank you for your help

Noridaha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 8:19:24 #864985

Hi Noridaha, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> Basically I want to take golden pass train from lucerne to Interlaken OST because from there I want to go to Wengen but want to ride on golden pass train. Is it call lucerne-interlaken express?

Yes, the route from Luzern to Interlaken Ost is part of the Golden Pass route, and the train that runs along it is called the Luzern-Interlaken Express.

The full Golden Pass route runs from Luzern to Montreux, with a change of trains at Interlaken Ost, Zweisimmen, and sometimes Spiez.

>> I want to take golden pass train from lucerne to engelberg because i want to go to mount titlis. so the train is call lucerne-engelberg express?

Yes, the train is called the Luzern-Engelberg Express, but is not part of the Golden Pass route.

>> I will have STP. Do i have to pay any extras for these trains?

No, there are no extras to be paid.

>> What is the frequency, eg. every hour? I can just go to lucerne station and board the train?

Yes, you can just board the train with your Swiss Travel Pass.

You can check the frequency and departure times in the Swiss Timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Golden Pass route questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.