Golden Pass route questions

Golden Pass route questions

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
noridaha
noridaha
1 post
Jun 12, 2017 - 5:59 AM

Hi,

I am so confused with the goldenpass train.

Basically I want to take golden pass train from lucerne to Interlaken OST because from there I want to go to Wengen but want to ride on golden pass train. Is it call lucerne-interlaken express?

2nd, I want to take golden pass train from lucerne to engelberg because i want to go to mount titlis. so the train is call lucerne-engelberg express?

I will have STP. Do i have to pay any extras for these trains? What is the frequency, eg. every hour? I can just go to lucerne station and board the train?

Thank you for your help

Noridaha

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1218 posts
top member
Jun 12, 2017 - 8:19 AM in reply to noridaha

Hi Noridaha, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> Basically I want to take golden pass train from lucerne to Interlaken OST because from there I want to go to Wengen but want to ride on golden pass train. Is it call lucerne-interlaken express?

Yes, the route from Luzern to Interlaken Ost is part of the Golden Pass route, and the train that runs along it is called the Luzern-Interlaken Express.

The full Golden Pass route runs from Luzern to Montreux, with a change of trains at Interlaken Ost, Zweisimmen, and sometimes Spiez.

>> I want to take golden pass train from lucerne to engelberg because i want to go to mount titlis. so the train is call lucerne-engelberg express?

Yes, the train is called the Luzern-Engelberg Express, but is not part of the Golden Pass route.

>> I will have STP. Do i have to pay any extras for these trains?

No, there are no extras to be paid.

>> What is the frequency, eg. every hour? I can just go to lucerne station and board the train?

Yes, you can just board the train with your Swiss Travel Pass.

You can check the frequency and departure times in the Swiss Timetable:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017