Taking 1 part of the Golden Pass route – options?

• hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 5:49:06 #815039

Hi,

I bought the STP and am planning to take one of the scenic route. I understand the Golden Pass route runs through Interlaken OST. My itinerary does not allow me to do the full scenic routes. As such, i am planning to do just one section of the route. I will be landing in Zurich and taking a train to interlaken OST and proceeding to Gimmellwald on 07 Jun 18.

Is it possible for me to take any short round trip from Interlaken OST when i reach there on 07 Jun 18. Is there any way i can take a train from Interlaken OST and back in a few hours?

Another option is for me to take a one way trip from Interlaken OST to Luzern on 10 Jun 18 when i plan to proceed to Luzern from Gimmelwald.

Appreciate your advise on this. Thanks in advance.

Kumareson

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 7:31:43 #880328

Hi Kumareson,

The two really scenic parts of the Golden Pass are between Luzern and Interlaken (direct Luzern-Interlaken Express) or between Zweisimmen and Montreux.

In your case you could take a train from Zurich airport to Luzern and then the Luzern-Interlaken Express to Interlaken before Gimmelwald. That would be the simplest option for you.

Use the timetable to find the train schedules between any towns you like.

hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 8:12:39 #880329

Thanks Lucas,

Can i clarify if the route only runs from Luzern to Interlaken and not Interlaken to Luzern. Cause there is one that runs from Interlaken to Luzern on 10 Jun 18, i would rather go on it as it would minimize disruption to my plan.

Btw, if the line runs only from Luzern to Interlaken, then which would be the name of the scenic train that i should take?

And any idea how would long it would take for me to take the scenic route from Luzern to Interlaken and than from Luzern to Interlaken?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Kumareson

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 11:37:56 #880330

The train runs both directions between Luzern and Interlaken and runs hourly every day.

You can see it when you search the timetable; it is called the Luzern – Interlaken Express on the timetable.

Almost all trains going between these 2 towns are the Luzern – Interlaken Express so it’ll be easy to plan it for when you want.

hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 12:20:26 #880331

Thanks Lucas,

That was very helpful.

Best regards

hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 12:31:07 #880332

Hi,

Another query on the Golden pass route for both to and from Luzern/Interlaken. Do we need to do reservation for the train tickets. Or buy realtimer?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Kumareson

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 12:51:56 #880333

No reservations are needed. And I believe you have the Swiss Travel Pass correct? In that case no tickets are needed either – the rail pass is your ticket. You can see the routes and attractions that are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    30 March 2018 at 13:13:43 #880334

Lucas,

Thanks. I do have the STP.

Best regards

Kumareson

• The thread ‘Taking 1 part of the Golden Pass route – options?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.