Taking 1 part of the Golden Pass route - options?

Taking 1 part of the Golden Pass route - options?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
hitmankumar
hitmankumar
24 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 5:49 AM

Hi,

I bought the STP and am planning to take one of the scenic route. I understand the Golden Pass route runs through Interlaken OST. My itinerary does not allow me to do the full scenic routes. As such, i am planning to do just one section of the route. I will be landing in Zurich and taking a train to interlaken OST and proceeding to Gimmellwald on 07 Jun 18.

Is it possible for me to take any short round trip from Interlaken OST when i reach there on 07 Jun 18. Is there any way i can take a train from Interlaken OST and back in a few hours?

Another option is for me to take a one way trip from Interlaken OST to Luzern on 10 Jun 18 when i plan to proceed to Luzern from Gimmelwald.

Appreciate your advise on this. Thanks in advance.

Kumareson

Lucas
Lucas
5609 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2018 - 7:31 AM in reply to hitmankumar

Hi Kumareson,

The two really scenic parts of the Golden Pass are between Luzern and Interlaken (direct Luzern-Interlaken Express) or between Zweisimmen and Montreux.

In your case you could take a train from Zurich airport to Luzern and then the Luzern-Interlaken Express to Interlaken before Gimmelwald. That would be the simplest option for you.

Use the timetable to find the train schedules between any towns you like.

hitmankumar
hitmankumar
24 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 8:12 AM

Thanks Lucas,

Can i clarify if the route only runs from Luzern to Interlaken and not Interlaken to Luzern. Cause there is one that runs from Interlaken to Luzern on 10 Jun 18, i would rather go on it as it would minimize disruption to my plan.

Btw, if the line runs only from Luzern to Interlaken, then which would be the name of the scenic train that i should take?

And any idea how would long it would take for me to take the scenic route from Luzern to Interlaken and than from Luzern to Interlaken?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Kumareson

Lucas
Lucas
5609 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2018 - 11:37 AM in reply to hitmankumar

The train runs both directions between Luzern and Interlaken and runs hourly every day.

You can see it when you search the timetable; it is called the Luzern - Interlaken Express on the timetable.

Almost all trains going between these 2 towns are the Luzern - Interlaken Express so it'll be easy to plan it for when you want.

Last modified on Mar 30, 2018 - 11:39 AM by Lucas
hitmankumar
hitmankumar
24 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Lucas,

That was very helpful.

Best regards

hitmankumar
hitmankumar
24 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 12:31 PM

Hi,

Another query on the Golden pass route for both to and from Luzern/Interlaken. Do we need to do reservation for the train tickets. Or buy realtimer?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Kumareson

Lucas
Lucas
5609 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2018 - 12:51 PM in reply to hitmankumar

No reservations are needed. And I believe you have the Swiss Travel Pass correct? In that case no tickets are needed either - the rail pass is your ticket. You can see the routes and attractions that are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

hitmankumar
hitmankumar
24 posts
Mar 30, 2018 - 1:13 PM

Lucas,

Thanks. I do have the STP.

Best regards

Kumareson

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018