Golden Pass Line: how to make reservations

• charwinelove
    Participant
    53 posts
    1 May 2018 at 15:42:33 #815656

I will be purchasing a Swiss Travel Pass but am trying to determine how to reserve a seat on the Golden Pass Line. We would be leaving from Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken Ost to Zweismann to Montreaux.

Interlaken Ost to Zweismann is the the MOB Panoramic train ?

Zweismann to Montreaux is this the MOB Panoramic or MOB Belle Epoque..

Are there VIP Seats and what does that mean

we are looking at the 13:08 train out of Interlaken Ost and then the l4.25 out ofZweismann.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 18:28:16 #883849

Hi Charwinelove,

When are you planning to do the trip? You might have picked a time when reservations are not possible due to some construction work on the line: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass.

charwinelove
    Participant
    53 posts
    1 May 2018 at 20:41:41 #883850

Thank you for your response…

I was able to locate the reservation link. For both trains

Interlaken Ost to Zweisimmen and Zweisimmen it indicates a “l” or “2” in front of the trains and how many free seats. I am assuming that is first or second class.

How do you know which is the MOB Panoramic or MOB Belle Epogue

I am looking at departinng 13:08 interlaken ost to Zweisimmen and 14:25 Zweismmen to Montreaux….

On July l7th…..which I know might be a busy time and thinking I should make seat reservations on both trains..

Zweisimmen

Montreux dep. 14:25

arr. 16:13 212

33 free seats

24 free seats

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 2:35:43 #883851

>> How do you know which is the MOB Panoramic or MOB Belle Epogue

You can find that out by using the Swiss Timetable to choose your connections before going to the Golden Pass site to make your reservations.

>> I am looking at departinng 13:08 interlaken ost to Zweisimmen and 14:25 Zweismmen to Montreaux….

The 14:25 departure from Zweisimmen is an MOB Panormic train.

>> On July l7th…..which I know might be a busy time and thinking I should make seat reservations on both trains.

Probably wise for travel in July.

Alpenrose

charwinelove
    Participant
    53 posts
    2 May 2018 at 10:22:07 #883852

Hello

I looked at the Swiss Timetable and please know I am still learning how to read this. It shows RE 4073 BK R………BK -buy your ticket on the train (we don’t need a ticket as we have Swiss Travel Pass) R – reservation possible. It doens’t say it is the Golden Pass MOB it says RE train

Interlaken Ost, Platform 8

4073Direction Zweisimmen

Expected occupancy

BK

Departure 13:08

Show interim stops

Zweisimmen, Platform 7

Should I make a reservation for this on the Goldenpass site at 13:08?

When I look at the trains available for reservation it shows a “l” or “2” in front of the trains available for booking. However, there are several trains that have no “l” or “2” in front of them. Does that means these trains are already booked or?

When I select a seat such as on the such as on the trains fromZweismann to Montreaux and it says seat #l2 and seat #21 are these two across from each other with a table in between and would they be the front of the train? Looking for two seats for my husband and myself.

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 15:13:21 #883853

The only panoramic trains on the Golden Pass route are between Zweisimmen and Montreux. The departure will show “MOB Panoramic” or “Belle Epoque” on the timetable to show they are panoramic trains.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Line: how to make reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.