Golden Pass - buying a ticket online

Golden Pass - buying a ticket online

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Pekkle
Pekkle
9 posts
Mar 22, 2017 - 3:01 AM

I tried to buy the ticket and seat reservation online through - www.goldenpassline.ch/ en/reservation-procedure-for-the-goldenpass-line/, however it can only select seat for reservation, there has no way to buy ticket at the same time. in the above website.

Please advise if this website is only for seat reservation without buying ticket ?

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
Mar 22, 2017 - 6:50 AM in reply to Pekkle

Hi Pekkle and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, that page is just for reservations. You can buy point to point tickets here, unless you are traveling with a rail pass of some sort?

Lucas

Pekkle
Pekkle
9 posts
Mar 23, 2017 - 2:23 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks for advise. I bought a half fare card, so I book the seat first and then buy the ticket at station on that day . Seem the point to point ticket office do not offer half fare rate.

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
Mar 23, 2017 - 7:48 AM in reply to Pekkle

Hi Pekkle,

Yes, that will work just fine. You can buy the ticket at any time once you are in Switzerland at a ticket office (SBB) or a ticket machine. You don't have to wait until just before you board the train (though you can as long as you have made the reservation).

Lucas

Pekkle
Pekkle
9 posts
Mar 24, 2017 - 2:58 AM in reply to Lucas

Many thanks for your advice. Would you please recommended which side will have a better view , I intend to get on Interlaken West Station -> via Zweisimmen --> get off at Montreux.

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
Mar 24, 2017 - 6:53 AM in reply to Pekkle

Hi Pekkle,

Have a read through our Golden Pass information page - it discusses the routes, best sides to sit on much more! It really doesn't matter too much on this route but the right side may be slightly nicer...

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017