Golden Pass Line day trip from Chur

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2017 at 10:59:29 #811297

Hi,

We are staying in Chur. I am planning a day-tour via the Golden Pass line and be back in Chur late afternoon or early evening. My question is: How do we get to the Golden Pass line coming from Chur? Do we need to go to Lucerne first? Also, where can I find the schedule for the Golden Pass trains? Thanks you.

Ronmo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    7 April 2017 at 6:41:02 #861077

Hi Ronmo,

A day trip with the Golden Pass route from Chur is quite a challenge. You’ll have to get to Lucerne first, which takes over 2 hours. You’ll also have to return at some point along the Golden Pass line, which (depending on your point of departure) takes even longer. Golden Pass schedules can be found through the links provided at our Golden Pass page. Please consult the timetable as well.

If you’re interested in scenic train rides, part of the Glacier Express or the Bernina Express makes more sense from Chur.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Line day trip from Chur’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.