Golden Pass seat reservation Zweisimmen – Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 22:03:45 #811525

Hello,

I was hoping you could help with booking seats for the Golden Pass panoramic train from Zweisimmen to Montreux (10:25 AM train #3115 on June 10).

1. I thought all the panoramic cars had 8 of the VIP seats up front but the reservation system is not showing them. It says that there are only 2 seats currently reserved but the 1st class car showing available seats does not show the panoramic seats, just a regular train configuration. I’m wondering how you book those seats and want to make sure that we are reserving the panoramic train. Would appreciate any insight.

2. We purchased 2 Swiss Travel passes and 2 family passes. On the reservation we made from Interlaken to Zweisimmen we paid the reservation fee but was wondering if we just show the conductor our passes when we board or do we need to get an actual ticket for the train before we board?

Thanks so much for the insight!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 6:18:07 #862061

Hi Oliver,

1. Only the front carriage of the newer panoramic trains have the 8 VIP seats. If the 1st carriage isn’t available it is either sold out or you are on the heritage (classic) panoramic train.
    2. For the Golden Pass trains (and all trains) you just need to show your Swiss Travel Pass and any reservation you may have made as well.

Reservations can be made here for the Golden Pass trains.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 15:59:49 #862062

Hi,

I have Swiss Travel Pass

I would want to travel by golden pass line from interlaken to Montreux. Thereafter from Montreux to Geneva ?

Appreciate if you could advise how should I go about as my last destination will be Geneva. I will need to reach Geneva before 4pm. Total how many hours I will need to travel to Geneva by golden pass line.

Hope you can tell me as to which time I should depart from interlsken Ost or InterlaKen West in order to reach Geneva on or before 4pm.

Look forward to response as I will be traveling 1st week of May.

Regards

Sue

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 17:27:03 #862063

Hi Sue,

1. Best thing to do is back track on the time table here. Enter Montreux to Geneva and arrive by 16:00. It will show you when the train departs from Montreux.
      Then you know when you need to arrive in Montreux from the Golden Pass train. Click here for more details on the Golden Pass train, tickets and reservations.The link under tickets at the bottom of the page will take you to their reservation site and you can find schedules for your date of departure.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 15:28:45 #862064

Hi Lucas

Are we allowed to travel with luggage when taking goldenpass line? It will not be possible for us to storage the luggage at the station as we will be heading direct to Geneva after Mountrex.

Please advise

regards

Sue

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 16:18:14 #862065

Oh yes no problem – you can take your luggage on board with you on any train. Very normal.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass seat reservation Zweisimmen – Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.