Golden Pass travel from Lucerne to Interlaken

• Harjeet
    Participant
    36 posts
    15 July 2018 at 7:16:01 #817276

Hi,

I wanted to do Golden Pass line travel from Lucerne to Interlaken during my trip in May 2019

Couple of question in that regard please:

1. Will Lucerne to Interlaken on Golden Pass line covered under Swiss Travel pass completely?

2. IS it worth route for Golden Pass line?

3. Do I need to book something now for Golden Pass line or reserve?

4. I was unable to find timing of panoramic trains on SBB site. How do I search timings of panoramic trains like golden pass , Glacier express?

Regards

Harjeet

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 July 2018 at 7:39:13 #891398

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No. That leg of the Golden Pass is covered by the Luzern to Interlaken Express. It’s pretty much a regular train and is the only train that runs on that route and departs hourly. The leg between Zweisimmen to Montreux is where the actual MOB Panoramic trains run. Reservations are recommended on that leg in tourist season.

4. Look for MOB (as above) in the SBB timetable. For Glacier Express look for GEX. reservations are compulsory on the GEX but you can only make reservations typically 90 days out from your travel date.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass travel from Lucerne to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.