Golden Pass Lucern-Interlaken April 12

• DD123
    Participant
    20 posts
    11 April 2017 at 16:36:04 #811367

Hi all, I’ll be traveling tomorrow from Lucern to Interlaken and wish to take the Goldenpass line at 12:05. However, for some reason, the reservation site does not show a train at that time (only at 11:05 or 13:05), whereas according to SBB site there’s a train at such time – any idea why?

Also, would you recommend reserving a sit or not? And if so, there are cabins marked 1/2 – is this first or second class? How do I know which cabins on the reservation site are for the bottom or top floor (we’ll be traveling with luggage so bottom is preferable for us)?

Finally, how can we know on the train which sits are reserved and which aren’t?

Thanks in advance!

David

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 17:47:11 #861378

>> Hi all, I’ll be traveling tomorrow from Lucern to Interlaken and wish to take the Goldenpass line at 12:05. However, for some reason, the reservation site does not show a train at that time (only at 11:05 or 13:05), whereas according to SBB site there’s a train at such time – any idea why?

Hi David, I just had a look at the Golden Pass reservation site and the 12:05 service is showing up. It shows a total of 164 reservable places, with 74 reserved and 90 free places

>> Also, would you recommend reserving a sit or not?

No, I wouldn’t worry about reserving a seat between Luzern and Interlaken.

>> And if so, there are cabins marked 1/2 – is this first or second class?

Those carriages will most likely have first class seating at one end and 2nd class at the other.

>> How do I know which cabins on the reservation site are for the bottom or top floor (we’ll be traveling with luggage so bottom is preferable for us)?

I’ve never seen a double-decker train on that route.

>> Finally, how can we know on the train which sits are reserved and which aren’t?

There will be a small electronic display above the seat, indicating the stations between which the seat is reserved.

Alpenrose

DD123
    Participant
    20 posts
    11 April 2017 at 20:42:09 #861379

Thanks for the prompt reply, Alpenrose!

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Lucern-Interlaken April 12’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.