Golden Pass Lucern-Interlaken April 12

Golden Pass Lucern-Interlaken April 12

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
DD123
DD123
20 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 4:36 PM

Hi all, I'll be traveling tomorrow from Lucern to Interlaken and wish to take the Goldenpass line at 12:05. However, for some reason, the reservation site does not show a train at that time (only at 11:05 or 13:05), whereas according to SBB site there's a train at such time - any idea why?

Also, would you recommend reserving a sit or not? And if so, there are cabins marked 1/2 - is this first or second class? How do I know which cabins on the reservation site are for the bottom or top floor (we'll be traveling with luggage so bottom is preferable for us)?

Finally, how can we know on the train which sits are reserved and which aren't?

Thanks in advance!

David

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2135 posts
top member
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:47 PM in reply to DD123

>> Hi all, I'll be traveling tomorrow from Lucern to Interlaken and wish to take the Goldenpass line at 12:05. However, for some reason, the reservation site does not show a train at that time (only at 11:05 or 13:05), whereas according to SBB site there's a train at such time - any idea why?

Hi David, I just had a look at the Golden Pass reservation site and the 12:05 service is showing up. It shows a total of 164 reservable places, with 74 reserved and 90 free places

>> Also, would you recommend reserving a sit or not?

No, I wouldn't worry about reserving a seat between Luzern and Interlaken.

>> And if so, there are cabins marked 1/2 - is this first or second class?

Those carriages will most likely have first class seating at one end and 2nd class at the other.

>> How do I know which cabins on the reservation site are for the bottom or top floor (we'll be traveling with luggage so bottom is preferable for us)?

I've never seen a double-decker train on that route.

>> Finally, how can we know on the train which sits are reserved and which aren't?

There will be a small electronic display above the seat, indicating the stations between which the seat is reserved.

Alpenrose

DD123
DD123
20 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 8:42 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply, Alpenrose!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018