Golden Pass hopping on & off?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2018 at 8:08:15 #874682

Hi Carolyn,

I’d be happy to take a look at it if you like. I’m no Moscow expert (I’ve spent most of my time in Russia in St. Pete’s & the train to Beijing) but I can give you my 2 cents for what it’s worth. 🙂

First tip: I took Russian in University and it really helps to learn as much of the Cyrillic alphabet as possible if you aren’t on a tour.

**We want to avoid displaying public emails on the forum due to spam issues etc. Send me an email through the link here.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 January 2018 at 9:56:00 #874683

Hi Lucas-

<<“First tip: I took Russian in University and it really helps to learn as

much of the Cyrillic alphabet as possible if you aren’t on a tour.”>>

Это правда.

Я химик, и я изучал русский язык в университете

I am a chemist, and I studied Russian in university. A long time ago.

It is also useful in some of the sciences, these days. Maybe even in American politics…..;-(

Considering the number of well-to-do Russians in Switzerland these days, I’d not be surprised to fund a menu in Cyrillic at some restaurant or another. You probably even can find kasha if you can stand to eat it. 😉

Lo and behold:

restoran.us/switzerlan d/switzerland.htm

funandyou.com/zurich-switzerland/russian-restaurants-zurich-switzerland.htm

Topic is now back to Switzerland. 😉

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2018 at 10:34:18 #874684

Hi Lucas

Just sent you one of my Moscow files, called “Moscow Sights”. It went to Swiss email address.

Hope it makes sense. 1st page is overview with the next pages my notes for what to do there.

Did you watch Federer win the Aussie Open… again. He is very popular in my country.. guess everywhere.

Kind regards

Carolyn

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2018 at 10:42:33 #874685

Hi Carolyn,

Lucas will be back on Wednesday. I do confirm receipt of your email.

Federer is amazing. Such a great sportsman. I didn’t watch the match but saw on the news that he had won.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The thread ‘Golden Pass hopping on & off?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.