Golden Pass booking problems – Swiss Rail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 14:29:53 #811562

Hey Ya’ll. I am trying to understand this Golden Pass. I went to the site suggested above to book pull the schedule from Lucerne to Montreux. So if I’m traveling on the Swiss Pass, can I reserve seats on each train? If so, do I have to pay extra money to reserve the seats, or is it included in the cost of the Swiss Travel Pass. When I go to book the seats, I do not find any place to add the fact that I’m traveling on the Swiss Travel Pass so there is a cost that displays. I appreciate your help I have been working on this for hours and getting very frustrated

Carla

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 16:38:14 #862280

Hi Carla,

Yes the reservation is an extra and not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass – you must pay for the reservation, but reservations aren’t required on the Golden Pass train (I typically recommend it though).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 17:40:40 #862281

Thank you for the info Lucas. Should I reserve a seat all the way from Lucerne, Interlaken or Zweismann? Or all 3?

Thank you,

Carla

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 18:36:17 #862282

I think at least Montreux to Zweisimmen – that is the busiest section.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 18:39:25 #862283

Lucas,

Thanks so if I have a 2nd class swiss travel pass and I want to book the first class vip; any idea what the cost for the difference would be from zweismman to Montreux. I think I’m making this too hard.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 April 2017 at 2:42:55 #862284

Hi texasgirl,

Simple formula to work out price for 1st class upgrade for any trip taken using 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass = (1st Class Fare minus 2nd Class Fare) divided by 2.

Reservation fee is same CHF8 1st Class or 2nd Class. Reservation fee for VIP seats is CHF15 but they are in very short supply (10/train) and only on a couple of trains a day I believe. The reservation “plan” of the train will show you which trains have VIP seats. eg at left hand end of carriage (next to the driver on Train 2119 departing Zweisimmen 12.25 on 24 May. See attached picture.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass booking problems – Swiss Rail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.