Golden Pass reservations for Christmas?

Golden Pass reservations for Christmas?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
lhollinger
lhollinger
7 posts
Nov 3, 2017 - 3:09 PM

When will Golden Pass reservations be available during the Christmas Season?

Lucas
Lucas
5662 posts
expert &
Nov 3, 2017 - 5:55 PM in reply to lhollinger

Hi lhollinger,

It should be any day now but we can't say when exactly. The timetable was finalized about 2 weeks ago; frankly I'm surprised they don't have it up yet!

The link to make the reservation is here, I would suggest checking back every day or two until it is released.

lhollinger
lhollinger
7 posts
Nov 6, 2017 - 1:14 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you. I will check everyday, but how can I know when the reservations are available?

Lucas
Lucas
5662 posts
expert &
Nov 6, 2017 - 9:39 AM in reply to lhollinger

Click my link above and then click the link on that page under more information, titled: Golden Pass seat reservations.

You will just have to try to make the reservation every couple days until it works at this point. The only sector of the Golden Pass that we advise you to reserve is between Montreux and Zweisimmen (the panoramic trains). Normally at this time of year I would worry about reservations but around Christmas it could get busier.

Last modified on Nov 6, 2017 - 9:39 AM by Lucas
Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2140 posts
top member
Nov 14, 2017 - 10:24 PM in reply to lhollinger

Good news for everyone waiting to do their Golden Pass reservations for dates after 9 December 2017: the online reservation system has just been updated, so you can now do your reservations.

reservations.mob.ch/re servation/reservation/ reservation/reservatio n/reservation/reservat ion/reservation/reserv ation/reservation/rese rvation/f?p=151:1:38965542976663 75::NO:::

Alpenrose

Lucas
Lucas
5662 posts
expert &
Nov 15, 2017 - 7:52 AM in reply to Alpenrose666

Nice. I checked yesterday and still no dice.
Must have been an overnight update - can't believe how long it took them after the timetable was released by SBB.

Last modified on Nov 15, 2017 - 7:53 AM by Lucas
Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2140 posts
top member
Nov 15, 2017 - 8:35 AM in reply to Lucas

>> Must have been an overnight update

Yes, it probably was. I checked it yesterday too, and it still had not been updated.

It's a shame their error message for bookings for the 2017-18 timetable period was not more helpful - quite confusing for people new to the system.

Alpenrose

azzum
azzum
1 post
Nov 16, 2017 - 8:21 AM

I have just booked reservations on goldenpass site from new Zealand for travel 23 and 24 December 2017.

Their PR is abominable in my view. Only hope this doesn''t carry over to the actual service!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018