Golden Pass tickets Montreux – Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 12:50:27 #815852

Hi,

We plan to travel on Golden Pass train from Montreaux to Interlaken on July 30. I have already made the reservation on Montreau – Zeissman and Zeissman – Interlaken segment yesterday. I am still waiting to see if any Travel Pass promotion comes for July/Aug before I buy either the Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Half Fare card. My question is : I do NOT need to book the ticket for the journey in advance but just buy one of the pass before starting the journey and use it with the reservation, right ?

Please confirm

Thanks

Kris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 15:52:14 #884726

Hi Kris,

Be careful with town names – it is Zweisimmen.

Yes, just make sure you buy a ticket before boarding the train (no ticket needed if you end up buying the Swiss Travel Pass).

By the way I would be surprised if there are any promotions coming out now for the summer season There is usually discounts put out in March for travel before July (not always but typically).

Buy the Swiss Travel Pass here & the Swiss Half Fare Card here.

autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    9 May 2018 at 17:33:02 #884727

For summer travel, does it make sense to purchase the tickets now or just wait until the week before departure (STP)?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 1:36:30 #884728

Hi autumnz

I don’t think it makes much difference at all when you buy a Swiss Travel Pass. Just give yourself a few days in case there is any issue getting it emailed to you (very rare of course). There is always a chance of a sale, but quite rare at this time of year.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass tickets Montreux – Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.