Golden Pass route in June: reservations needed?

• hitmankumar
    Participant
    25 posts
    15 April 2018 at 6:47:35 #815334

Hi,

I will be in Switzerland between 07 to 11 June 18. I am planning to take part of the the golden pass route which coincides with my itinerary. My travel routes will be as follows :

07 Jun 18 – Zurich Airport to Interlaken OST

10 Jun 18 – – Interlaken OST to Luzern

I do have STP . Do i have to make any reservation?

Any suggestion? And if possible pls also let me know the train no. and platform. Your assistance is much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 April 2018 at 8:17:16 #882295

You don’t need to make a reservation for the Luzern – Interlaken Express (the name doesn’t change despite the fact it runs in both directions). It runs hourly.

You can find the train number and platform by looking up the Swiss Train Timetable. Look for Interlaken Ost to Luzern via Meiringen. Interlaken Ost is not a big station. You won’t have trouble finding the right platform.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 8:50:04 #882296

Hello,I am going to wilderswil from luzern on 10May2018. I have swiss travel pass and I would like to take golden pass train on this trip (luzern to wilderswil). Please let me ask few questions to clear my puzzles.

1. How can I know that the train on SBB timetable for the route (luzern to wilderswil) is the golden pass train line? Are there different train lines or only golden pass line operates on that route and I won’t mistakenly take other trains instead of golden pass line?

2. Do I have to specify the route via “Meiringen” in order to take correct route of golden pass line to see the nice view on this route?

3. When I reach to luzern station, I just need to go to the platform mentioned on the timetable and just need to board on the train without requiring anything to do about the ticket if I have swiss travel pass second class? As my swiss travel pass is second class, how can I know the coach I board is correct second class? I am afraid I board on wrong coach, for example first coach.

4. The train I intend to take will depart at 15:06PM from plateform 12. In that sense, how early will the train be at the platform12 for travellers to board?

5. Can kindly suggest do I need to book the seat on that route during my travelling period (10May2018)?

Thank you so much for any advise on clearing my douts and worries.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 9:41:36 #882297

Hi Myo, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Next time, could you please start a new topic? Thank you.

1. The trains on the section Lucerne – Interlaken are referred to as the “Luzern-Interlaken Express”.
    2. No, you don’t have to do that. Read more about the Golden Pass route here: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/gettingthere
    3. That’s correct. On the coach it’s indicated whether it is first or second class. Don’t be afraid to board on the wrong one. I made this mistake once on a boat. When they checked my ticket I said sorry and moved to the second class. By the way, there are more second class coaches than first class coaches.
    4. Normally you can board as soon as the train has arrived.
    5. No need to book a seat.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 9:54:12 #882298

Dear Chantal, Sorry that I just know I should start new topic. Thank you so much for your reply which is very informative.

For the first question’s answer, do you mean the train and platform that are shown on timetable website SBB represent “Luzern-Interlaken Express” you mentioned?

Thanks again, Chantal.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 14:06:47 #882299

Yes. If you click on your trip, the screen will expand and that’s where you will find “Luzern-Interlaken Express”. In fact they all are, so you can’t go wrong.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass route in June: reservations needed?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.