Golden Pass route Zweisimmen to Montreux Sept. 21

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2017 at 22:10:34 #813286

Hello: I will be travelling from Interlaken to Montreux on September 21. I understand that reservations are sometimes recommended for the Zeisimmen- Montreux leg and was wondering if it would be necessary on this day. I checked online and it shows 22 seats available in 2nd class for this day at 10:25, the time I want. Also, if I do not reserve seats (2 seats) do I just board the train. I am travelling with a Swiss Travel Pass. How will I know if the seats are reserved? I really don’t want to move once seated.

Thanks, Patsy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2017 at 22:51:33 #869895

Hi Patsy,

I can’t recall if seat reservations on these trains are electronic or just with a paper note but seats will be marked reserved. So you know what ones you can’t sit in if you don’t make reservations yourself. So just board the train and wander along until you find seats not reserved.

I can’t tell you if the train will get fully reserved between now and the 21st but I would guess no. If you want to be safe and reserve seats you can do so here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2017 at 4:14:28 #869896

Any large groups travelling on the train will probably already have booked their seats, so I suppose there’s a chance the remaining seats will not all be reserved between now and then.

However, if you want to sit together, facing each other in window seats, there are only 5 sets of window seats still available. They will probably be the first to go for any reservations made between now and then.

Even if they remain unreserved when you board the train, they will probably be the first to be taken up by people boarding without a reservation – first come, first served!

For the small reservation fee, and the opportunity to best enjoy the views sitting together in window seats, I would reserve seats if it were me 🙂

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2017 at 5:29:56 #869897

Ok thanks, I will reserve them today. Which side of the train has the better views?

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 September 2017 at 13:36:35 #869898

Hi Patsy,

You’ll find a route description here, including where to sit: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/gettingthere

• The thread ‘Golden Pass route Zweisimmen to Montreux Sept. 21’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.