Golden Pass route from Geneva airport to Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 9:11:16 #813185

Hi,

If landing in to Geneva airport in the morning, what would be the easiest way to take the Golden pass scenic route to Luzern. Would it be going from Geneva airport to Geneva train station and then taking the train to Montreux and finally the Golden pass route from Montreux to Luzern.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 12:29:01 #869461

Hi GB123,

All trains from Geneva airport will go through Geneva train station. You may or may not need to change trains here.
    Yes, you want to go from Geneva airport to Montreux and then catch the Golden Pass panoramic train to (eventually) Luzern. I say eventually as you have to change trains in Zweisimmen and Interlaken and sometimes Spiez.

Read all about the Golden Pass route here.

Use the SBB timetable here to plan out all your train, bus, boat etc. trips in Switzerland. It always gives you the most direct route first. The panoramic trains (Montreux to Zweisimmen) on the timetable are listed as MOB Panoramic (new) and Belle Epoque (heritage train).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 13:40:59 #869462

Thanks Lucas.

Although I am a bit confused as the golden pass route is showing in the opposite direction and not from Montreux. Also if I just put the 2 destinations (Montreux and Luzerne) on the timetables, there seems to be 2 routes, one that takes 8 hours and the other about 4 hours, both via Interlaken. Which is the golden pass route?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 15:33:42 #869463

You need to enter via Zweisimmen and Meiringen on the timetable to get the full route details.

There are instructions on the link from my previous post about the VIA connections. The train runs both ways so no worries there!

• The thread ‘Golden Pass route from Geneva airport to Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.