Golden Pass seat reservation in December

• Neelam13p
    Participant
    4 posts
    17 June 2021 at 4:26:32 #825857

Hi, I am planning to travel in December and wanted to make reservations for the golden pass route. Can you reserve through the SBB mobile app? I see upgrade options , bike passes etc but no where to make reservations on the app. Can someone post a link that directly takes me to make seat reservations. Also I am planning to travel from montreux to saanen, does the panoramic train stop at Saanen and possible fo reserve seat just from montreux to saanen? Thanks so much neelam

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2021 at 7:34:40 #935219

Hi Neelam,

thanks for your question. Seat reservation on the Golden Pass is not obligatory, we usually recommend it on the Montreux to Zweisimmen leg. You can buy it here: http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets

Yes, the Golden Pass stops in Saanen, it is around a 30 mins travel. You can check it in the timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable). Note that the GoldenPass line between Zweisimmen and Montreux is being renovated until December 2022, during this renovation, panoramic trains may be operated with different rolling stock than planned. You’ll find it in the timetable if your route is affected by the renovations. Between Zweisimmen and Montreux, trains labeled ‘PE’ are the official GoldenPass trains. (http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/gettingthere)

You can buy your seat reservation from Montreux to Zweisimmen.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions.

Ildiko

twooldgoats
    Participant
    20 posts
    17 June 2021 at 15:23:59 #935220

Is it possible to buy reservations for the Montreux to Zweisimmen leg at the SBB Ticket Shop?

Jim

Anna
    6362 posts
    18 June 2021 at 5:03:30 #935221

Hi twooldgoats,

I’m not really sure if SBB takes reservation for the Golden Pass as reservation is usually not needed. But if you would like to book your seats, you can do it online here: http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets (scroll down to the MOB link at the bottom).

Regards,

Anna

twooldgoats
    Participant
    20 posts
    18 June 2021 at 13:25:55 #935222

Thank you, Anna.

I’ll try that link. We have plans to visit in August and it’s beginning to look as if it will all come together and we’ll be able to go. Fingers crossed.

We’re planning to buy the four-day Swiss Travel Pass this time.

Jim

StevefromHou
    Participant
    148 posts
    18 June 2021 at 19:54:48 #935223

I have taken the Goldenpass 2 times in the last couple years, I guess it was during the renovation process because I was unable to reserve the VIP seats online but I arrived at the station 30 minutes before departure and found the conductor if I could reserve and wasn’t a problem. August might be busier then when I traveled in January and February.

Steve

twooldgoats
    Participant
    20 posts
    19 June 2021 at 3:00:32 #935224

We took the Montreux to Zweisimmen leg in the winter a couple years ago and got reservations and ended up being the only people in our car. We just don’t know what to expect this year. August is usually crowded, I guess, but Covid has changed everything. Will everyone rush back now that Covid restrictions are easing or will travel come back slowly? Because of uncertainty, we thought we would get reservations again. We would like to see what the Belle Epoque cars are like.

Jim

Anna
    6362 posts
    19 June 2021 at 4:59:47 #935225

Hi Jim,

Based on the timetable, the Golden Pass Bell Epoque from Montreux to Zweisimmen runs daily at 9.50 am and 2.50pm. This is a popular train even with the locals. If you really want to experience the charming Bell Epoque carriages, I think making a reservation is a good idea.

Regards,

Anna

twooldgoats
    Participant
    20 posts
    19 June 2021 at 14:19:26 #935226

Hi Anna,

Thank you. I’ll try to get a resrvation today. August is coming up fast. After so much travel uncertainty, it’s hard to believe we really may be coming over there shortly. We’re really looking forward to seeing Switzerland again and riding on the fabulous rail system.

Thanks for your help. This site has the best info on Swiss travel!

Jim

Anna
    6362 posts
    19 June 2021 at 14:42:24 #935227

Hi Jim,

Happy to help 🙂

Have a good trip and I hope everything goes smoothly.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Golden Pass seat reservation in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.