Golden Pass Seat Reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2019 at 4:00:36 #821608

I am looking to see if there is any way to reserve 2nd class seats on the Golden Pass train with my rail pass. I would like to ensure that I get a window seat(or any seat at this point), but the Golden Pass website seems to only let you purchase tickets, which they call “reservations”. We will be traveling across the country and need to make it to Interlaken where our rental is located. There is only one train that fits in our time frame and the Golden Pass train does have limited seats available. I understood that reservations are not necessary, but possible, yet the site does not seem to allow for reservations with the rail pass of any kind, and only allows you to purchase a ticket. I purchased a Swiss Rail Pass and their site indicated that Golden Pass is a train we could take, but this does not seem to the case if you can’t reserve a seat with your pass. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you!

-Christina

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2019 at 4:31:23 #912235

Hello Christina and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You are right, that even if you hold a Swiss Travel Pass it is reasonable to make seat reservations on the Golden Pass scenic train, especially between Zweisimmen and Montreux. Please purchase options for the reservation only (incl. selecting the pass) below:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/packages
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Hope this helps. Get back to us should you need further support.

Best,
    Steph

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 May 2019 at 7:41:00 #912236

Hi Christina,

If you want a seat reservation then that is something not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass and needs to be purchased separately. You can make reservations for the Golden Pass Line (http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass) including seat selection at bit.ly/2kaq6Rf. Click the “e” for English language top right of the page. (where it says “Sprachwahl: d i f e”). Then change the class of travel, date of travel and start/end points to suit. Reservations are not compulsory but are recommended on the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg (which is where the Panoramic trains operate) during peak tourist season.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Seat Reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.