Golden pass tickets more than 30 days out

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2017 at 19:11:01 #812943

I can’t make my reservations more than 30 days out. I’m trying to catch the 9:09 from interlaken to montreux. Also how long does it take to get from Gimmelwald to Interlaken using lifts and bus or train so we can catch the golden pass train. website seems to limit my date to only 30 days out

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2017 at 19:16:51 #868270

Hi mtmama,

You should be able to make reservations more than 30 days from your departure date. We have a link to the MOB website here, to make reservations. Try that link and let us know.

For train timetables you can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your trip from Gimmelwald to Interlaken Ost – it should take about an hour via cable car, bus and train.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2017 at 1:37:23 #868271

Thank you so much for your reply and for all the info on the other threads. I finally understand the difference between buying a reservation and buying a ticket. I was able to buy the reservations on the Golden Pass route for the date I wanted but I can’t actually purchase the tickets online before 30 days out. The reservation cost is minimal and now I’m happy!

Another question: fastest route from Munich to Lucerne? It looks like we take a bus to Zurich then a train to Lucerne. We have Swiss Half Fare cards, so I presume buy the ticket to Zurich; then buy the train to Lucerne using the Half Fare Card.

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2017 at 6:03:21 #868272

Great!

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to find the route options. It will, be default, show the quickest route as the first option.

You can buy the ticket from Munich to Luzern at the same time. We have a list of options here to buy your ticket and you can select that you have the Swiss Half Fare Card to get the appropriate discount (Halbtax Abo in German).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Golden pass tickets more than 30 days out’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.