Golden Pass timetable conflicts?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
johnelsy
johnelsy
9 posts
Feb 1, 2018 - 10:41 AM

We wish to use Golden pass first class plus front panorama seats on final section into Montreux.

Depart Luzern 12.06.2018.

Rhb timetable shows depart 0906 to Interlaken Ost --Spiez--Zweissimmen---Montreux. arr 14.13.

SBB timetable does not show any 9.06departure

Which is correct?

Lucas
Lucas
10407 posts
expert &
Feb 1, 2018 - 11:25 AM in reply to johnelsy

Hi Johnelsy,

Are you sure you are checking the Rhb timetable? That is for the Bernina Express timetable and that area in general - not for the Golden Pass.

The Golden Pass timetable here: http://www.mob.ch/en/r eservation-procedure

and the SBB timetable here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable Both agree on the 09:08 departure on June 12, 2018 arriving in Montreux at 12:13.

The last section (Zweisimmen to Montreux has the 1st class carriages only. This train departs Zweisimmen at 10:25.

johnelsy
johnelsy
9 posts
Feb 1, 2018 - 2:39 PM

My mistake. Thank John.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 2, 2018 - 1:12 AM in reply to johnelsy

>> We wish to use Golden pass first class plus front panorama seats on final section into Montreux. Depart Luzern 12.06.2018. Rhb timetable shows depart 0906 to Interlaken Ost --Spiez--Zweissimmen---Montreux. arr 14.13. SBB timetable does not show any 9.06departure

The times you mention above (departing Luzern at 9:06, transferring at Interlaken Ost, Spiez and Zweisimmen, and arriving at Montreux at 14:13) are correct. These connections also appear in the SBB timetable (screenshot attached).

Your connection at Zweisimmen, departing at 12:25, is the train with VIP seats in first class.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Feb 2, 2018 - 1:14 AM by Removed user
Please login to see the attached documents
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 2, 2018 - 1:21 AM in reply to Lucas

>> 09:08 departure on June 12, 2018 arriving in Montreux at 12:13. The last section (Zweisimmen to Montreux has the 1st class carriages only. This train departs Zweisimmen at 10:25.

That's a departure from Interlaken Ost :-) I understand that John will be starting from Luzern.

Alpenrose

Lucas
Lucas
10407 posts
expert &
Feb 2, 2018 - 6:47 AM in reply to Removed user

Ah I read departing Interlaken 09:06 and it is departing to Interlaken at 09:06. Good catch!

John, always refer to the the SBB timetable (in my first) link for departure times.
If leaving from Lucerne you need to enter VIA Interlaken & VIA Zweisimmen and it gives you the correct departures for the Golden Pass route. It is 09:06 from LUCERNE.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019