Golden Pass train + chocolate and cheese trips

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 5:39:00 #810836

I want to travel on golden pass train from Interlaken to Montreaux, on way I want to swiss cheese factory, choc train and vineyards.

I have swiss travel pass. how do i arrange this trip. Travel is in june

Thx

Rika

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 17:27:58 #859085

Hi Rika,

You will need to do these trips separately unless you take a tour. You will see some vineyards from the Golden Pass train. I would then, the next day, take a trip on the chocolate train and/or the cheese train.

If you would like a tour and do all in one day check out this tour here that covers everything you are looking for.

Regards,
    Lucas

Arno
    15481 posts
    17 February 2017 at 18:10:32 #859086

If you want to take your time for the vineyards then consider a walk like this one: myswissalps.com/hiking /lutry-epesses.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2017 at 11:41:15 #859087

this was helpful. since I want to both trips of cheese & vineyards is it better to stay in Montreaux or Geneva? Also i will be visiting Bern from Grimewald, should i come down that route to GENEVA from Bern. I have swiss travel pass. Please suggest best route & place to stay

Thx

Rika

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 February 2017 at 15:57:00 #859088

Hi Rika,

You’d best consult the timetable to find such information. Montreux is closer to the vineyards, and it’s starting point for both the Chocolate Train as well as the Golden Pass train.

I’m not sure if I understand your question about visiting Bern from Grindelwald (I assume that’s what you mean with Grimewald?). You can either visit Bern on the way between Montreux/Geneva and Grindelwald (in that case you won’t be using the Golden Pass line) or as a separate day trip from Grindelwald. The timetable I mentioned provides all details.

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 14:43:51 #859089

hi

I am staying in Montreaux for 3 nights, so to visit the vineyards how long will it take for the train ride from Montreaux? Time table is a bit confusing. Also can I add Cruise trip on Lk Geneva on same day?

thx

RIKA

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 20:33:44 #859090

Hi Rika,

Which vineyards are you referring to? We have information here about Lavaux vineyards if that is what you are looking for.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Golden Pass train + chocolate and cheese trips’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.