Golden Pass train costs with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 23:20:39 #811355

Hi

I have swiss travel pass. I was looking into seats on MOB line for travel from Luzern to Interlaken ost for 6/2. It is asking me to pay $22 , I thought it is supposed to be free

My final destination is Grindelwald Grund.

Please explain

Thx

Rika

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 8:17:44 #861287

Hi Rika,

The MOB site would be used for seat reservations. They cost 10chf per seat which is an extra cost along with the ticket for the train – Your Swiss Travel Pass covers the ticket cost, but the reservation is an extra cost.

I think if you want to save the money you can go without a reservation without much issue on the route between Interlaken and Luzern – but its up to you.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2017 at 14:34:10 #861288

Thanks. I think I will keep travel options open.

Rika

• The thread ‘Golden Pass train costs with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.