Golden Pass train - where to change, reservations

Golden Pass train - where to change, reservations

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
Jun 9, 2017 - 8:53 PM

Dear All

Can anyone let me know the about the Golden Pass Train?

a. Does I have to change the trains or it is just one train starts from Lucerne to Montreux?

b. I want to take Golden Pass Train from Lucerne to Montreux and back to lucerne same day.

c. I read Reservation should be done for Golden Pass Train, can i do reservation at lucerne station physically?

Kindly Advise.

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1231 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2017 - 1:04 AM in reply to Anky1978

Hi Ankur,

Everything you need to know about the Golden Pass route can be found here.

www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass

If any questions remain after reading this comprehensive information, please feel free to ask.

Alpenrose

Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
Jun 10, 2017 - 6:56 AM

Thanks

I got the Page, but i am confused nowhere it is written that i have to change the train or it is just the one train which will starts from Lucerne till Montreux. Please Advise.

Also can i do reservation at Lucerne Station?

Kindly Advise.

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Arno
Arno
9659 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2017 - 7:06 AM in reply to Anky1978

Hi Ankur,

The different trains are explained under "The train" on the page Alpenrose referred to. The exact changes aren't on the page because they're not always the same. If you click to the Route tab you'll find two timetable links (one under "More on other websites") to find all the details. Usually you change in Interlaken Ost and Zweisimmen, but there can be an additional change in Spiez. Changes are easy and efficient, nothing to worry about. Reservations can be purchased at any staffed train station including Lucerne, but the later you buy the bigger the chance your preferred seats are booked out. The Tickets tab explains about how to book seats.

Enjoy the ride!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017