Golden Pass train – where to change, reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 20:53:59 #812197

Dear All

Can anyone let me know the about the Golden Pass Train?

a. Does I have to change the trains or it is just one train starts from Lucerne to Montreux?

b. I want to take Golden Pass Train from Lucerne to Montreux and back to lucerne same day.

c. I read Reservation should be done for Golden Pass Train, can i do reservation at lucerne station physically?

Kindly Advise.

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2017 at 1:04:40 #864831

Hi Ankur,

Everything you need to know about the Golden Pass route can be found here.

http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass

If any questions remain after reading this comprehensive information, please feel free to ask.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2017 at 6:56:38 #864832

Thanks

I got the Page, but i am confused nowhere it is written that i have to change the train or it is just the one train which will starts from Lucerne till Montreux. Please Advise.

Also can i do reservation at Lucerne Station?

Kindly Advise.

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 June 2017 at 7:06:30 #864833

Hi Ankur,

The different trains are explained under “The train” on the page Alpenrose referred to. The exact changes aren’t on the page because they’re not always the same. If you click to the Route tab you’ll find two timetable links (one under “More on other websites”) to find all the details. Usually you change in Interlaken Ost and Zweisimmen, but there can be an additional change in Spiez. Changes are easy and efficient, nothing to worry about. Reservations can be purchased at any staffed train station including Lucerne, but the later you buy the bigger the chance your preferred seats are booked out. The Tickets tab explains about how to book seats.

Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘Golden Pass train – where to change, reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.