When to book Golden Pass VIP seat and pass?

When to book Golden Pass VIP seat and pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mayabby11
mayabby11
5 posts
Jan 26, 2017 - 7:32 PM

Hi - two questions:

1. Do I need to buy the swiss rail pass before I book VIP seat reservations for the Golden Pass between Zweisimmen to Montreux? Or can I book the VIP seats and then later buy the pass/ticket?

2. I am looking at train 3115 between Zqeisimmen to Montreux on Wednesday June 7, 2017. I believe this is a panoramic train, however I dont see the VIP seats at the front of the train? I am looking at goldenpass.ch.

Thanks for the help!

Arno
Arno
10344 posts
expert &
Jan 27, 2017 - 5:58 AM in reply to mayabby11

Hi Mayabby11,

1. You can buy reservations and the pass independently. For reservations, please see the link at the bottom of myswissalps.com/golden pass/tickets. For the best pass purchase options, please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price (assuming the Swiss Travel Pass).

2. It is a panoramic train, but without VIP seats. Train 2119 at 12:25 has VIP seats. You'll find a detailed timetable through the link under "More on other websites" on myswissalps.com/golden pass/gettingthere.

mayabby11
mayabby11
5 posts
Jan 27, 2017 - 4:39 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno! Looks like Train 2119 is not on the schedule for Wednesday June 7. Would you expect that train to be running on that day (as perhaps I missed it)? Otherwise, I will just book regular seats on a panoramic train. Thanks again

Arno
Arno
10344 posts
expert &
Jan 27, 2017 - 5:09 PM in reply to mayabby11

You're welcome! Train 2119 operates every day, year round, so no problem there.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018