Golden Pass line- Wengen to Montreux?

• autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    16 July 2018 at 22:31:33 #817309

I think the Golden Pass Panoramic is only Wengen via Zweissman to Montreux (?). I think I read that reservations for July are a good idea for that leg of the journey. I went today and saw 42 seats and the entire car available. Should I reserve or is it not necessary?

Thank You!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 July 2018 at 22:48:58 #891628

The Golden Pass Line (http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass) for you will start at Interlaken Ost not Wengen.

The Zweisimmen to Montreux leg on the MOB Panoramic or Bell Époque trains is the only section on which reservations are recommended. You can make reservations including seat selection at bit.ly/2kaq6Rf. Just change the class of travel, date of travel and start/end points to suit. And click the “e” for English language top right of the page. (where it says “Sprachwahl: d i f e”).

autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    17 July 2018 at 0:02:42 #891629

Should i be concerned if it doesn’t show MOB or PA in sbb?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 July 2018 at 0:06:19 #891630

Yes if you want to travel on a MOB Panoramic or MOD Belle Epoque train. There are regular regional trains that ply the same route but don’t have panoramic windows. Some people would say it doesn’t matter all that much. Personal preference I guess.

autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    17 July 2018 at 0:38:06 #891631

It seems the Golden Pass Belle Ep. train (Panoramic?) Should be running Aug 1st depart Wengen 833 and then get the train in interlocken ost for 13:03 montreux arrival, but on SBB it doesn’t say/show Panoramic. Just regular notation?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 July 2018 at 2:42:28 #891632

The 13:03 arrivl in Montreux SHOULD theoretically be a Belle Epoque from Zweisimmen at 11:05. But it’s not clear exactly when the Belle Epoques will be back in service following renovations See this thread see http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/belle-epoque-goldenpass-confusion.

autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    17 July 2018 at 10:22:04 #891633

I emailed the rail company and they confirmed Belle Epoque from Zweissman to montreux 13:03, not sure why not showing on SBB.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass line- Wengen to Montreux?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.