Golden Pass Zweisimmen to Montreux June 2nd

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Tom24601
Tom24601
11 posts
May 29, 2018 - 11:29 AM

So , I bought two Golden Pass seats for June 2nd a month or so ago . But right away was sent email to effect construction repairs so it is not operating , did I want refund . So I got refund , but now am told “ it’s open but for the moment seats not possible .”

Any suggestions ? Can I take same route just not panoramic car ? Does it make much difference?

Lucas
Lucas
9206 posts
expert &
May 29, 2018 - 2:38 PM in reply to Tom24601

That is odd. The construction is scheduled to be completed June 1. Prior to that the panoramic trains were not scheduled to be on the route (but some were on it regardless). So it was technically just regionaltrains running that route for the past 2 months or so.

As of June 1 the panoramic trains are scheduled on the timetable to be running.
https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

You shouldn't have any problems except for a last minute construction issue.

Last modified on May 29, 2018 - 2:38 PM by Lucas
1960man
1960man
586 posts
top member
May 29, 2018 - 10:41 PM in reply to Tom24601

It sounds like MOB was covering itself against overrunning of the major work and /or there is a technical difficulty with creating seat reservations when they are not sure when the service will restart.

As I've said many times on this forum, it doesn't matter a huge amount if you don't get a panoramic train, the view is just as good from a normal train window. An you don't really need to book on the MOB either, especially of you can get to the terminus early and be first on the train.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018