Golden Tour with 3 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex

• barbabley
    Participant
    8 posts
    7 April 2017 at 19:08:45 #811315

We have a 3 day flex pass. Does it give us a discount on the Golden Tour? About how long does it take to do the Golden Tour? Thanks for all the previous answers I have received on this forum. The forum is certainly a valuable travel tool for Switzerland.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    8 April 2017 at 5:18:42 #861123

Thanks for your compliments about our website! I am not sure which tour you are referring to. There is a Golden Round Trip to Mount Pilatus, and a Golden Pass train line from Lucerne to Montreux. Both are free with the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. Please see the links for all details.

barbabley
    Participant
    8 posts
    8 April 2017 at 16:23:40 #861124

Arrno, sorry for not being more specific in my question. I am referring to the Mt. Pilatus round trip Golden Tour. I see there is a half price ticket available but I don’t know if that referrs to using a Half Price Travel Card or using a Flex Pass. Is there no charge at all when using a Flex Pass for this tour and counting the Golden Round trip as a travel day? What if we arrived in Lucern on the train, using the Flex Pass on the train and did the Pilatus GT on the same day? Would the tour be half price or free? As you can tell. I am very confused? Also, If we arrive in Lucerne late May about 2:00 PM would we have time to do the round trip Pilatus GT?

Arno
    15482 posts
    8 April 2017 at 17:27:02 #861125

Hi barbabley,

If your Swiss Travel Pass Flex is validated for the day the Golden Round Trip is free. Half price applies to people with a Swiss Half Fare Card.

A link to the timetable can be found on myswissalps.com/pilatu s/gettingthere under “More on other websites”. If you depart 2PM it can still work.

• The thread ‘Golden Tour with 3 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.